Romain Grosjean holds the key to injecting some stress into a Red Bull celebration party in Abu Dhabi.
A brake disc problem prevented the on-form Lotus driver from completing his Friday practice programme, but intriguingly subtract the theoretical one-lap advantage of the soft tyre from the laptime he did on the medium and he's potentially somewhere near a Red Bull time.
That's all without knowing respective fuel loads, of course. So a lot hangs on whether Grosjean's disrupted preparations can be shrugged off tomorrow. Otherwise, there does not appear to be anyone capable of living with the two RB9s, particularly that of Sebastian Vettel.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.