Five years after its brief Formula 1 stint came to an end, the Super Aguri name is back in the motorsport headlines after the announcement that it was being revived for an ambitious campaign in the FIA's new Formula E series.
The all-new operation will be led by overall executive chairman Aguri Suzuki, who has formed the new look Super Aguri Formula E (SAFE) team along with other key figures from the former Super Aguri F1 squad, which disbanded in 2008.
Peter McCool will act as technical director, while Mark Preston will be team principal. Commercial affairs will be overseen by Ferry Spijkerman and all four are shareholders in the fresh venture. The team will be based in the UK.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.