Sebastian Vettel stylishly clinched his fourth straight world championship with a devastating victory won through sheer, pummelling, relentless pace, delivered within a strategy made tricky by the extreme wear rate of the softer option tyre around the Buddh International Circuit.
Yet this 26-year-old phenomenon made it look child's play.
Two of the other three men to have won four titles - Fangio and Prost - had not yet won a grand prix when they were Vettel's age. Fangio, in fact, had yet to even make his debut. Are even Michael Schumacher's records safe from Vettel's grasp?
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.