Red Bull-Renault RB9
Strategy: 2 stops (soft/medium/medium)
While the Red Bull was comfortably the class of the field, this was a drive fitting of a champion. Vettel never looked like missing out on pole position, but the decision to dump the soft Pirellis after just two laps meant his strategy hung on him clearing slower cars swiftly.
That's far easier said than done, even in a quick car, but typically he made it look easy. A perfect drive topped off by his flamboyant celebration guarantees a maximum score.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.