Coming up with a list of cracking American Le Mans Series races is easy. Whittling it down to the best 10 is much more difficult. Damn nigh impossible I'd say. So apologies to any driver, teams owner, engineer or mechanic who feels left out when they read my Top 10 for AUTOSPORT last week.
The short 15-season history of the ALMS provides an embarrassment of riches when it comes to classic racing. Which is why I was pulling my hair out as I put together my list of the best races ahead of the 149th and final ALMS race at Road Atlanta last weekend.
How could I leave out the thriller that was Petit Le Mans in 1999? Or the Sebring 12 Hours of 2001, or '09 for that matter?
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.