It's been quite a year doing my first rallycross season since 1996. Like a lot of my career, it's been a season of ups and downs but most of all it's been really good fun.
The ups? So many of them... but mostly it's the fact that we've gone in and shown that we had the speed to win. There have been so many events where we nearly won - Portugal, Finland, Sweden, France - but for one reason or another, we were just missing that little final bit of luck. And I suppose that's been part of the downs really: it's taken us about a year to develop a car that's properly competitive and reliable, which is why we missed out on winning sometimes.
To be realistic, that's what we expected. We didn't plan to build our own car, instead we were going to have a car from Hansen Motorsport. This was agreed, the car was built at the end of November last year, and then they changed their mind - which wasn't so nice.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.