Red Bull-Renault RB9
Strategy: 2 stops (medium/hard/hard)
Some ragged moments prevent a perfect 10, even though this was a wonderfully executed win. The pace on both his KERS-less Q3 runs was impressive, if ragged, and he drove a canny race, looking after his tyres and then pressing home his pace advantage.
The decisiveness with which he dispatched Grosjean thanks to his speed off the chicane was superb. Really had to work this one, but there were some uncharacteristic lock-ups and a brief grassy moment along the way.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.