Q. At the start of the season, Jules was thrown in at the deep end with only two days of testing in the car, albeit with a bit of prior experience with Ferrari and Force India to fall back on. How have you seen his learning curve throughout the year?
Davison: He stepped into the team straight away and within two days in the car he was well up to speed and already being impressive. His feedback straight away was very, very good and you could tell that he had some experience already. He got to grips with the car very quickly and has just moved on from there. He loves to look at the data and to talk about the car - and he's bringing that on as well, which is helping his driving. He is very impressive.
Q. The driver isn't there to engineer the car but he does need to be able to communicate what the car is doing. How is he doing on that score?
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.