One of the most intriguing entries for this weekend's Bathurst 1000 comes in the shape of the third car from Triple Eight Racing.
Roland Dane's organisation, based in north Brisbane, has signed two of Europe's finest touring car exponents of the past decade, Andy Priaulx and Mattias Ekstrom, to hurl an extra Holden Commodore VF up and down the infamous New South Wales mountain alongside the full-season enduro entries of past event winners Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes, who have respectively been paired with Paul Dumbrell and Warren Luff.
Granted wildcard status and competing under the Team Xbox One banner, unlike the Whincup/Dumbrell and Lowndes/Luff Red Bull-backed entries, Priaulx and Ekstrom have no imposed targets, just a heap of hopes and expectations.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.