Hot on the heels of two of the biggest gaming franchises of all time releasing their latest instalments, Formula 1 stepped up to the plate last week with its annual title hitting the shelves.
But in comparison to FIFA 14 and Grand Theft Auto V, it feels like F1 2013 from Codemasters is arriving with little fanfare or momentum, and it's the fault of the sport rather than the game developer.
The FIFA and Grand Theft Auto titles are behemoths of the gaming world. Each new version is bigger and better than before, and they continue to fly off the shelves.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.