Sergio Perez's McLaren future is being evaluated by the team, and with good reason. As well as the interest in Fernando Alonso for next year and beyond, McLaren is understood also to be considering other alternatives.
While the Mexican's performances this season could not be described as bad, he has perhaps been a little disappointing compared with team-mate Jenson Button.
With Honda on the horizon in 2015 and McLaren determined to ensure it has the strongest possible line-up, Perez's report card to date remains unconvincing.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.