Break-ups are never easy, but they are sometimes necessary. I raced in Formula Vee for five years and we had some good times together, but it was finally time to move on.
It's been three months since we said farewell to each other, and Formula Vee seems to be doing quite well without me. After all, it has plenty of other friends to fall back on.
I'm not doing too badly either. I've moved on to Formula Ford 1600 - a great contemporary rival to Formula Vee in the late 1960s and early '70s, and for some the best junior single-seater racing category ever created.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.