With so much talk about Kimi Raikkonen during the past two weeks, the third place in the Singapore Grand Prix shows he is a real professional.
He is here to race and will never give up, which is all the more impressive considering the discomfort he was in with his back. There is no doubt he will keep working hard in his final six races for our team.
Of course, I am disappointed that we cannot continue this incredible story with Kimi and Lotus into 2014 to build on the past two years, but unfortunately it is not possible. We could not deliver on time what he expected from us both technically and financially. Because of the timing, he was cornered and had to take a decision to go to Ferrari.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.