Mike Rockenfeller arrives at Zandvoort this weekend knowing that a second-place finish will make him DTM champion for the first time.
Only Augusto Farfus can deny the 29-year-old Phoenix Audi driver a crown he has long desired; one that will appease Audi's dismal memories of a 2012 season - the first of the series' new era - in which only one of its drivers won a race.
Very few would argue that Rockenfeller doesn't deserve this year's title, which would be the second in three seasons for Ernst Moser's Phoenix squad. He has simply been without parallel for consistency.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.