Currently lying in third place in the Formula Renault Eurocup, this just-turned-17 Frenchman has been groomed for stardom for some time.
Ocon was picked up by the Gravity management company a few years ago, while he was sweeping all before him on the French karting scene.
Under the umbrella of the Lotus F1 Junior Team, he made an ambitious move to the Formula Renault Eurocup - combined with a programme in Renault ALPS - at the beginning of 2012, at the age of just 15 and a half.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.