So after a number of planes, trains and automobiles, I finally made it home from Singapore on Tuesday.
It's always a decent trip that one, a bit different to the norm with it being a night race and Singapore itself is a great place to be. People are friendly, the streets are clean, the weather's good... there's generally not much to complain about at all.
By now, however, you'll have come to realise that not one of these little diary inserts passes without me having a little grumble about something, so here it is.
Two main issues arose for me on this year's visit. One was the taxi driver who sped off with my iPhone on the back seat of his car on Friday, despite me shouting and banging on his window to stop when I realised it had slipped out of my pocket.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.