Red Bull-Renault RB9
Strategy: 2 stops (super-soft/medium/super-soft)
Utterly, crushingly dominant. This was about more than just the car, strong as the Red Bull was. Vettel was supremely confident in running the barriers close when he needed to, qualified on pole - just - thanks to his Q3 banker lap and in the race dealt with 'crisis' points stunningly. The way he calmly reclaimed the lead from Rosberg at the first corner and then dropped the field and later blitzed everyone at the restart demonstrated a mastery of mind and machinery.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.