Singapore's Marina Bay is one of the most visually spectacular races on the Formula 1 calendar and also places great demands on the cars.
As a street circuit, the track inevitably requires high levels of downforce and cars capable of sharp changes of direction, added to the ability to cope with bumps and kerbs.
But this is also the sole street circuit in Asia and the heat and humidity, despite the race running at night, put greater thermal loads on the cars' elements.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.