One of the most unconventional alliances - yet arguably the most successful - in the motor industry is the Renault/Nissan partnership, which melds French flair and Japanese efficiency to produce a range of vehicles which enable both brands to resist the onslaught of emerging manufacturers (think Korean and Chinese) and, crucially, the global economic crisis.
Just consider the number of once-ubiquitous brands to have disappeared over the past five years...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.