Whenever I tell my friends outside motor racing that I'm racing at Goodwood, I always say that I cannot explain just how incredible it actually is. It is always amazing!
I first came here in 2000 for the Festival of Speed. That is more like a big party, more a big show, but the Revival is a real racing event like no other. What makes it so special is that everyone plays their part: not just the drivers, but the public too - just look at the grandstand and the pits. It's the most beautiful event in terms of historic racing for me.
As a driver, you need a lot of respect for the Goodwood circuit. The speeds are high, easily reached, and in these types of car the high-speed conditions makes them very interesting to drive.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.