Following Mikko Hirvonen's advice would kill me. There was absolutely no doubt about it. I lifted. I lived.
Fleet Streeter Jerry Williams and I had ventured out of the press office in search of a feel for the roads, what with two years having passed since we were last here. Maybe the passing of time had dimmed the memory of the fearsome speed on some of the New South Wales stages.
It was all rushing back now.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.