Red Bull currently stands poised to have its driver take a fourth consecutive world championship.
To go back far enough in history to find the past four McLaren drivers' titles, we tick off Lewis Hamilton (2008), Mika Hakkinen (1999, 1998) and Ayrton Senna (1991); in other words, we have to go back 22 years to see as many McLaren world champions as we (likely) will have seen from Red Bull in the past four.
To find four consecutive McLaren world champions we have to go back to the 1988-91 run of Senna/Prost/Senna/Senna.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.