Ninety-six metres. Not far is it? Yet it will make all the difference for Daniel Ricciardo at the start of next season.
It is the distance between where he started the first race of 2013 and the front row of the grid, where you can guarantee he will aspire to be next March. But that tiny distance will transform the scale of the challenge he faces.
Why? Because of pressure.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.