Tyler Alexander has been there, seen it and done it all at McLaren.
After cutting his teeth as a mechanic in his native United States, he witnessed up close the formation of McLaren in 1963, when he originally joined as a mechanic.
He quickly rose through the ranks and became one of Bruce McLaren's most trusted lieutenants.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.