Formula 1 returned from its summer break with tongues wagging in the Spa paddock.
After a couple of weeks' radio silence, when the debate became 'beach or swimming pool' rather than 'prime or option', the rumour mill was back in overdrive as F1 returned to business.
In fact, such was the speed that waves of rumours were moving - remember a lie can spread halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes - that it was hard to keep up with what was real and what was fiction.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.