After the relatively leisurely ambiance of the August break, during which the regulations force the shutdown of every Formula 1 team for two weeks, the Belgian Grand Prix marks the start of a frenetic run-in.
It's the first of a series of nine races spread over a mere 14 weekends, during which F1 will race on four continents to decide the destiny of the 2013 world championship. Spa is a majestic place to start and what happens there will give the world an idea of what to expect for the rest of the season, even though it's far from the most representative track on the calendar.
Sebastian Vettel leads the drivers' championship by 38 points from Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, with Fernando Alonso a point further adrift. But all the indications are that the current man to watch is Lewis Hamilton.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.