The British Touring Car Championship has been going through something of a purple patch of late. Grids have been routinely in the mid to high-20s this season and we've already had six different winners.
The Next Generation Touring Cars, first introduced in 2011, have brought more teams and marques onto the grid, and fans still flock to the circuits in their tens of thousands. Thanks to the return of Colin Turkington we also have four ex-champions, plus up-and-coming stars like Andrew Jordan.
It has been suggested several times in the paddock that the BTCC is currently stronger than at any time since the end of Super Touring and that could be true.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.