Tim Harvey scored his greatest success in the British Touring Car Championship in 1992, when he drove a BMW to the title. OK, he took several wins in later years in front-wheel-drive machines. But where do his affections lie?
Definitely with the older cars...
Take the Group A Ford Sierra RS500. It's one of the iconic tin-tops and, before his BMW-mounted title, Harvey drove a Labatt's-liveried, Andy Rouse-prepared example in the BTCC in 1989 and '90.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.