Forget about every race Sebastien Loeb had done before climbing aboard a McLaren MP4-12C GT3 for the first time. That was ground zero in a new chapter of the nine-time World Rally champion's career. Only now is the rally legend turning into an aspiring racing driver in what is his wind-down year with Citroen in the WRC.
Every race the Frenchman did before last year's French GT Championship finale at Paul Ricard, which he contested at the wheel of a Von Ryan Racing McLaren running in the colours of his own Sebastien Loeb Racing team, was about having fun.
That includes sporadic outings in the French Porsche Carrera Cup, French GTs and even his two starts at the Le Mans 24 Hours with Pescarolo Sport, one of which yielded second place.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.