The British Formula 3 International Series is set to kick off its truncated 2013 calendar at Silverstone on May 25/26, and indications are that the decision by promoter SRO and teams group FOTA to change the format could bear fruit.
AUTOSPORT spoke to all the teams competing in the Formula 3 European Championship, and there appears to be interest in competing in British F3 even from some of those that have traditionally had little to do with the UK series.
Between them, those outfits possess all 33 of the current-generation FIA-rules F3 cars in Europe, and as such are the only ones who can compete for the main title. But there is also substantial interest in the National Class (see below), which could return to numbers not seen for a decade.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.