Fernando Alonso had a troublesome race with his DRS failing, but nevertheless reached the chequered flag to equal the 59-race record for no mechanical failures held by Mark Webber from the 2009 Japanese Grand Prix, to the 2012 Abu Dhabi GP.
Meanwhile on Saturday, Nico Rosberg's pole brought Mercedes equal in qualifying stats with two other legendary names.
• This was the 28th race win for Sebastian Vettel, and also his 49th podium finish, equalling Jenson Button's tally and putting him equal 13th in the all-time list.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.