For fans of a certain age, the mention of rallycross will conjure up memories of Will Gollop and Matti Alamaki duelling in Group B fire-breathing monsters. For others, it remains an undiscovered gem.
There are signs that rallycross might just be ready to end its exile from the average fan's consciousness; that the often-spectacular events may once again be consumed by the mainstream. The popularity of the sport's golden age seems suddenly less remote.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.