Sometimes you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I've been guilty of that in the past, both in the real world and when it comes to motor racing. Which is why I'll be savouring my trip to Sebring this weekend.
Nothing is changing at the venue after this year, except the cars that will be racing over its concrete slabs - LMP1 prototypes will disappear from the US sportscar scene with the merger of Grand-Am and the American Le Mans Series to form United SportsCar Racing.
And that's why you will have found me up at Turn 1, down at Turn 17 and elsewhere around the Sebring International Raceway watching the cars during practice this week.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.