Friday February 8 - Hamilton building solid foundations
Not perfect, but no disaster. That was the summary from both Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes as their first week together ended at Jerez on Friday.
Like almost everything that Hamilton has been involved in, there was drama - brake failure on day one and a crash into the barriers; speed - the sixth fastest time on Friday; and determination - a notebook full of jobs he wants Mercedes to do. Nobody would expect anything different.
Ever since Hamilton made the decision to join Mercedes, there has been plenty of chatter about a challenge to get to the front; of hard work and of fresh motivation to dig deeper than he has ever done before.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.