Daniel Ricciardo is a man with every reason to be happy.
It's been confirmed that he will remain at Toro Rosso for a second season in 2013, once again alongside Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne. He's all smiles, but the reality is that Toro Rosso is a tough environment for any racing driver.
As members of the Red Bull Junior Team, both Ricciardo and his team-mate Vergne must prove their worth in Formula 1. Fail and, as a host of former junior drivers have learned, their time in the sport is quickly over. Succeed and the reward could be a shot at driving for world-title challengers Red Bull.
It's a theme he's happy to discuss, along with his life in Milton Keynes and the dream of maybe one day driving for Ferrari. With a big grin on his face, he's ready to answer the questions...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.