Daniel Ricciardo is a man with every reason to be happy.
It's been confirmed that he will remain at Toro Rosso for a second season in 2013, once again alongside Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne. He's all smiles, but the reality is that Toro Rosso is a tough environment for any racing driver.
As members of the Red Bull Junior Team, both Ricciardo and his team-mate Vergne must prove their worth in Formula 1. Fail and, as a host of former junior drivers have learned, their time in the sport is quickly over. Succeed and the reward could be a shot at driving for world-title challengers Red Bull.
It's a theme he's happy to discuss, along with his life in Milton Keynes and the dream of maybe one day driving for Ferrari. With a big grin on his face, he's ready to answer the questions...
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.