How it was won
Before NASCAR's Chase for the Championship started, Brad Keselowski had been carrying great momentum, scoring more points than any other driver in the 10 weeks leading up to it. It seemed far-fetched that he would be able to keep such a streak going for another 10 races, but that's exactly what he did.
Chicagoland, the Chase opener, provided a glimpse of what was set to unfold as Keselowski beat Jimmie Johnson to victory, his first ever in a play-off event, and grabbed the points lead for the first time in his short Cup career.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.