The top 10 IndyCar drivers of 2012
1. Will Power (AUS)
Championship position: 2nd (465 points)
Team: Team Penske
Fastest laps: 3
The driver to beat on just about any given weekend had his mojo abandon him right when he needed it most. Or, to quote an email from a former colleague in Australia: "I can't believe he's done it again".
Power was the class of the field in 2012, although his season wasn't perfect, as evidenced by the strategy miscue at Baltimore, or his constant struggle to second-guess whether race control might leave the pits open during a caution. Still, everything else he did, he usually did better than the majority of the field - one corner at Fontana notwithstanding.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.