Practice one - Friday AM
Vettel started the weekend in front © LAT
Any illusions that Red Bull's recently rediscovered dominance might be track-specific were ruthlessly dispelled by Sebastian Vettel at the end of the first 90 minutes of running at the Buddh International Circuit.
Teams will tell you that positions, and times, have little relevance on Friday, but one couldn't fail to notice the 0.3s advantage the world champion had late in the session.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.