1. Mitch Evans (NZ)
Championship position: 1st (151.5 points)
Team: MW Arden
Fastest laps: 4
Began racing single-seaters almost as soon as his voice broke - and it shows. Stays calm under pressure and almost always puts his car in the right place at the right time. It's called racecraft. As measured outside the car as he is within; hard to believe, sometimes, that he turned 18 only this summer.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.