The 2012 version of the GP3 Series kicks off at Barcelona this weekend with a near-unrecognisable field compared to a year ago.
With past champions Esteban Gutirrez and Valtteri Bottas having moved onwards and upwards, the stage is set for a talented youngster to put themselves firmly on the F1 radar come September. Here's AUTOSPORT's guide to the runners and riders.
#1. Daniel Abt (D)
GP3 debut: Barcelona, 2012
2011: 7th in F3 Euro Series, 4th in FIA International F3 Trophy
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.