The 2012 version of the GP3 Series kicks off at Barcelona this weekend with a near-unrecognisable field compared to a year ago.
With past champions Esteban Gutirrez and Valtteri Bottas having moved onwards and upwards, the stage is set for a talented youngster to put themselves firmly on the F1 radar come September. Here's AUTOSPORT's guide to the runners and riders.
#1. Daniel Abt (D)
GP3 debut: Barcelona, 2012
2011: 7th in F3 Euro Series, 4th in FIA International F3 Trophy
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.