With a revamped car, Formula Renault 3.5 is boasting arguably the strongest driver line-up in its history, as the faster machine and favourable budget compared to GP2 has attracted drivers from all over the junior single-seater spectrum.
Far from being a place for those who can't make the cut on the Formula 1 support bill, the headline act on the World Series by Renault package is brimming with race winners from serious junior championships. Frontrunning names from Formula 3, Formula Renault, GP3 and, remarkably, even GP2 make up the bulk of the grid, with a leading lights from last year's championship hoping to step out of the shadows now Robert Wickens and Jean-Eric Vergne have moved on.
Here, AUTOSPORT guides you through the line-up ahead of what promises to be a fiercely competitive season for the championship that has groomed the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in the past.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.