Cockermouth, watch out: the meteor's coming. It must be. With the run of luck Malcolm Wilson is having, odds of 182,138,880,000,000-to-1 for a direct hit from debris from outer space must be a serious concern.
Actually, the bigger fear from the sky in the Wilson household must be snow. They are themselves no strangers to skiing accidents. And Malcolm's son Matthew ruled himself out of four rounds of this year's World Rally Championship while training when the white stuff started falling. And then there's the 1993 Swedish Rally.
With snow on the ground, Wilson senior was leading the second round of the World Rally Championship until he went off the road on a fast left-hander having misheard a pacenote call.
And now this: Jari-Matti Latvala injures himself in a skiing accident.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.