Do you remember that moment when you were really young and you fell over? One minute, you were running along and everything was perfect. The next minute you were lying on the floor wondering: "How did that happen?" I had that feeling on the Rally of Portugal last week.
How did that happen? How did we end up down a bank on the outside of a simple enough right-hander? It was crazy, just such a silly thing. I still can't believe it.
You'll often hear drivers talk about their slowest accident ever. Well, I'd like to see anybody beat this one. This wasn't an accident, it couldn't be. We slipped off the road at crawling speed.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.