Just when last week's Bulldog International Rally of North Wales couldn't get any stranger, a genuine Hollywood megastar strolled up to the start of Big Ray and sat on a log in front of me.
Fortunate as I am to travel the world to commentate on the best drivers on the planet's finest roads, I'm never more at home than when I'm in the middle of one of Britain's best-loved forest stages. Names like Grizedale, Eskdalemuir and Gale Rigg really harbor a whole load of memories. Last week, it was Dyfi. Out came OS sheet 124 and away we went.
I was hugely disappointed at missing out on watching two runs through Dyfnant on Friday night, but when you look at the decision to cancel the stages in terms of cold, hard cash, there was only ever going to be one outcome from the numerous meetings Wolverhampton and South Staffs Car Club had held earlier in the week.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.