This Sunday, a new season - and arguably a new era - begins for IndyCar on the streets of St Petersburg in Florida. The cars are new, two of the engine manufacturers are new, there has been a clear-out in race control, and the line-up of newcomers includes 11-time grand prix winner Rubens Barrichello.
The arrival of Chevrolet and Lotus as rivals to Honda on the engine front and the difficulties of getting on terms with the new Dallara DW12 chassis throws a few more unknowns than usual into the mix, but the two traditional powerhouse teams both take unchanged line-ups into the new season. Defending champion Dario Franchitti and his team-mate Scott Dixon will again fly the flag for Chip Ganassi Racing, and Team Penske's Will Power, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves will again make it their year's work to try to stop them.
Chip Ganassi Racing
Car: Dallara DW12-Honda
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.