Friday: Final test day By Edd Straw
Fernando Alonso said all of the right things. But, of course, he always does.
Yesterday, this blog concluded by suggesting that if Ferrari ended the final day of the Jerez test with an attention-grabbing number at the top of the timesheets, it would tell us a lot about the situation that the prancing horse finds itself in. So it was to nobody's great surprise that Alonso ended up fastest and emerged from the four-day test with the second quickest 2012-specification car time overall.
Alonso says Ferrrai only understands 20% of the new F2012 © LAT
Few doubted that it was a glory run designed to ease both the glare of the media spotlight in Italy and Luca di Montezemolo's blood pressure.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.