McLaren became the second Formula 1 team to unveil its car on Tuesday, when the covers came off the MP4-27 at its factory in Woking.
Although we have already caught our first glimpse of a 2012 machine through Caterham's renders in F1 Racing last week, there was much interest in the McLaren launch because it was going to be the first of the top teams to show us how the new rules affect the look of the cars.
The MP4-27 is not a radical departure from the team's previous challengers and the team does not appear to have adopted an aggressive approach to the new rules. However, the car is a very tidy and logical development of the team's 2011 car.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.