On the second anniversary of Dan Wheldon's death, AUTOSPORT revisits our December 2011 collection of tributes to the IndyCar star...
Daniel Clive Wheldon was born on June 22, 1978 in Emberton, Buckinghamshire.
Between then and his untimely death, at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on October 16, 2011, he won the Indianapolis 500 twice (2005 and '11), the 2006 Daytona 24 Hours, the 2005 IndyCar Series, the 1999 US FF2000 Championship, and was a race winner in Indy Lights, Toyota Atlantic, British Formula Ford and Formula Vauxhall Junior - and was Cadet kart champion three times consecutively, a feat that has never been matched.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.