This is the third Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. In the previous two races, Sebastian Vettel has won on both occasions and led 79 out of 110 laps. He starts Sunday evening's race from pole position at the venue where he became Formula 1's youngest world champion.
Given that track record, you wouldn't bet against him, right? Well, perhaps not, but the McLaren drivers are upbeat about their machine's race pace, giving reason to expect Vettel to have a real fight on his hands if he wants to bag a 12th victory of the season.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.